Sunday, June 2, 2013

New York Craziness

After crossing the state line into New York we realized that we were going to have to do something about my feet so they would heal. We were already planning to stay in Greenwood Lake as a late birthday celebration to myself. We had a nice night in town, and in the morning resolved to find new shoes that might help my feet. We decided previously to bypass NYC in order to stay on track timing wise, but the city was calling our names. As it worked out the cheapest option for us getting to any sort of outfitter to find shoes was for us to take a 12 dollar bus into the city where there is an REI. Everything ended up working out especially well. We got into Manhattan, got the boots, and then were able to stay with Bethany in Brooklyn. Now we are well on our way through the state and the boots seem to be helping a great deal. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Stay Safe! I hope your foot has healed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! It is feeling much better. I hope you are doing well. I miss you.

      Delete